Weddings, Special Events, Funerals
Serving the Atlanta Metropolitan and North Georgia Area
"A sound like no other."
Welcome to North Georgia Piper. Whether you want the singular sound of highland bagpipes to enhance the celebration at your wedding or special event, or to provide fitting accompaniment at a memorial or grave-side service, please call or email. I look forward to hearing about your occasion, answering your questions, and discussing how the pipes might best add just the right touch.
I have extensive performing experience in a variety of venues and events. The site pages here include a sampling of special events for which I've played, along with a few brief notes about the pipes, and my piping. Thank you for visiting.
I wanted to take a moment to thank you again for playing at Ian and Jenna's wedding last weekend. Your presence made a day that was already going to be special a truly memorable experience.
I hope our paths cross again someday.
Thank you so much for playing at Casey's wedding. The music was delivered beautifully. We couldn't have asked for a better musician. Everyone has commented on the lovely music and how it was perfect for the setting; it was just the right touch. We truly appreciate your professionalism and obvious love of what you do.
Matthew & Debbie
- Weddings in the Atlanta metro area and North Georgia
- Memorial and Graveside Services
- Military Memorial Services
- Golf Tournaments and Dinners
- Special Events and Parties
- Burns Dinners
- St. Patricks Day Celebrations
- Weddings at venues throughout Atlanta and North Georgia
- The Atlanta Marathon
- The Georgia Cup, Golf Club of Georgia
- Bobby Jones Tournament Dinner, Peachtree Golf Club
- Summit Chase Country Club, Snellville, Georgia
- Women's National Amateur Golf Tournament, Newnan, Georgia
- Cannongate Golf Clubs (various), Georgia
- Dunwoody Country Club Golf Tournament
- River Pines Golf Club, Johns Creek, Georgia
- Elm Street Cultural Arts Village
- Piping the Haggis at Robbie Burns Dinner, Thistle & Kudzu, Athens, Georgia
- Private Party, Fado, Buckhead
- Pubs across Atlanta on St. Patrick's Day
- Good Friday Service, Fellowship Bible Church
- Honor Our Heroes Indpendence Day Service, World Harvest Church
- Veteran's Day Service, St. Martin in the Fields Church
- Farewell Reception, Georgia Tech
- Personal piper on call to Stuart McAllister, RZIM
- Gravesides and Memorials, including at the Dept of Veterans Affairs Georgia National Cemetery
I was exposed to my Scottish heritage early and loved the pipes early on. I began studying at age six on the practice chanter under Herb Crowe, pipe sergeant of the Wilmington Pipe Band (Wilmington, Delaware). I went on to study under Robert Gilchrist and played with the Wilmington Pipe Band and later the Olgilvy Pipe Band, both led by Bob Gilchrist.
Today I enjoy playing solo events and with the North Atlanta Pipes & Drums (Suwanee), led by pipe major Brad Beaton and drum sergeant J.J. Hayden. Looking for a band of pipes and drums? Give me a call!
Find me on |